Friday 6 January 2017

Procrastination

In her article for ElephantJournal.com, Michelle Margaret Fajkus lists 18 behaviours that we should let go of in order to find, or create, more peace in our lives. The first one is to let go of procrastination. 


I have to admit that this one will be a bit tough for me...although I don't like to think of what I do as procrastination, but to be honest with you, and especially myself, IT IS!!



"Procrastination is based in fear: of failure, of success, of sharing our stories, of what other people will think. Let go of these fears and take action. Just do it. All we have is now. Quit procrastinating" (M.M. Fajkus, "18 Fantastic Ways of Letting Go", ElephantJournal.com, June 4, 2014).


I think fear of failure is a big one...but so is fear of success...the underlying fear in the fear of success, I think, is how our life is going to change. Change can be scary, but it can also be wonderful, refreshing, breathtaking, and a fantastic catalyst to a life better lived. 


If we fear change, then we live a life constantly afraid...change is inevitable and imminent...it happens all day, everyday!! Embracing change is actually soooooo much easier than fighting it. 


Always your friend,

Nanci-jean 

No comments:

Post a Comment