Saturday 6 May 2017

New Month, new beginnings!!

Hello Lovelies!!!

Okay we are fully into the beginning of May and a new blogging strategy!!

So lets get started!!!

Home


So I am currently working on organizing and decluttering my home. I started with an area that is constatntly an issue...my bedside dresser.

It is a pitstop for reading, relaxing, etc. However, it is often far from relaxing as it is also a pitstop for clutter.


Ideally, I want an area for reading and winding down before bed, whilst telling a story of who I am, as well as what I dream about for the future.

(Image courtesy of Pinterest)

I just need to add some framed photos and pictures and maybe some floral accents...



Fashion

The Great Closet Purge (Image #2)



So...the top, although nice, is not very comfortable and does not hit at a good spot on my hips. I do not like the top enough to hem it a half-inch.

Verdict: Donate

The skirt flows nicely from my hips and I love the de-contructed style of the exposed-seam texture. It gives the skirt visual interest that it wouldn't have otherwise.

Verdict: Keep

Food & Drink

Making a side dish the main event!!


I took a package of Knorr Sidekicks® Garlic Alfredo Spaghetti and added sautéed minced garlic, red and yellow peppers and yellow onions.


A dash of Parmesan cheese and Voilà!! A simple and easy way to take a literal Sidekick® to a main
entrée.





Favourite Thing


As you have already seen, I am thoroughly addicted to wooden watches!! I order them online from TreeHut.co (I do not do affiliate marketing).


My latest acqusition is this week's favourite thing!!

Inspiration

(Image courtesy of Google Images)

Happiness is often thought of an elusive goal, that never seems to be reached no matter how many goals we set and meet: "If I lose 50 pounds I will be happy." I once thought that losing weight was my journey towards being happy...but as it turned out, I looked great, and was miserable!! All I could think about was how many calories food I ate was..all the time!!

Ironically I am above the weight I was when I first set out on my weight loss goals, and yet I am a much happier person. Why you ask? I have learned that Happiness isn't a thing to be attained, but a choice to be made!! It is a A CHOICE YOU  CAN MAKE EACH AND EVERY DAY!!!!


Okay lovelies...let me know how you like the new weekly blog post (and daily teaser posts 😉)

Always your friend,

NJ 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment