Saturday 11 March 2017

Capsule Wardrobing

Hello Lovelies!!


As I have mentioned in a previous post, I am obsessed with Capsule Wardrobes.


I am currently working through my current load of clothes to get down to a year-round collection of about 100 pieces. Forty Summer plus 20 transitional pieces for Spring into Summer, and forty Winter pieces and the same transitional pieces for Fall into Winter (the only set that does not change throughout the year, is the transitional one).


Some creators of the capsule wardrobe concept use capsule wardrobes consisting of 33 items for 3 months (Project 333 introduced by Courtney Carver of Being More with Less). I have tried this concept myself, but I realized that it did not help me to find what I really liked and didn't like about my clothes/style.
                                                        (This picture is from Pinterest)

I decided to whittle down my wardrobe, albeit slowly as I wear the items and can therefore, see better what works and what doesn't work for me. These 100 items do not include lounge wear , underwear, or workout gear. It does include shoes/boots, winter gear, etc.


At this point it does not include jewelry or scarves...that is another project altogether!! However, I am working on reducing my scarf collection as I whittle down my clothing collection. It's a start!!


Do you have a capsule wardrobe, or is your closet splitting at the seams like mine?!!!


Always your friend,

NJ 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment