Thursday 16 May 2013

When is a bargain NOT a bargain?

We all love bargains...but when is a bargain NOT a bargain?

In my experience, a bargain is when you find what you wanted to buy anyway on sale...but when I have bought something in the past that was on sale but I wasn't necessarily wanting it...it was hit and miss.

It depended on why I was buying it. I used to be a shopaholic!! I would shop just about every lunch break and brought home a lot of clothes that, yes they were on sale, but now just sit in my closet and actually being frugal at heart, I will wear them before I give them away!! I know silly but I have to make up for that silly behaviour somehow, at least to my pocketbook, lol!! I was buying those things to make me happy, and although they gave me a rush at the time, they did not have any effect on my happiness whatsoever!!

But there were other times that I bought things that were on sale, even though I wasn't planning on buying them and they were a blessing...so it really depends on the reason WHY you are buying that item. If it is to fill a void, put it back and move on...you would be better off buying yourself a delicious latte than another mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment