Saturday 15 July 2017

Bad Makeup? Part I

Hello Lovelies!!

On my journey to becoming a more conscious consumer, one of the areas I wanted to clean up my act in was cosmetics...another product I use on a regular basis.

I am a makeup junkie!! So now that I want to be more conscious of what I am purchasing and from whom, I looked into which make up companies are getting ranked as good, bad and downright ugly by organizations such as betterworldshopper.org and PETA.

Betterworldshopper.org looks at issues such as Human Rights, Environment, Animal Protection, Community Involvement and Social Justice; and ranks companies based on where they stand on these issues. Then they came up with report cards to inform consumers on how these companies fare on issues that affect us all.

So, that brings us to the ugliest of the ugly...The companies with a grade of F for FAIL!!!

Drum roll please....

MAX FACTOR    OLAY    and   COVERGIRL  

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/77898268528549153/

As a teenager, my favourite cosmetics were from Covergirl...I am sad that they have received a failing grade as they are so affordable for young ladies (I will be researching low-priced cosmetics companies and how they rank with betterworldshopper and PETA soon (you may find them on this list, but some new ones may not be listed).

There you have it!! I am hoping you found this informative enough to look further into the causes near and dear to your heart. Have a great weekend and see you next Saturday!!

Always your friend,

NJ 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment